This dish is a prime example of how simple + quick can be super-sexy. I would not hesitate to serve this for lover-wooing purposes…as long as that lover enjoyed seafood…and garlic. Like, probs don’t make this if you’re not both going to eat it because garlic breath is only cancelled out by garlic breath. Also, it goes together in 20 minutes and uses a single pan, leaving you more time for makeouts.
This recipe serves two and, to make it extra-sexy, don’t worry about plating; just serve it in the skillet and make a sharesies thing.
What you need:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup of dry, white wine
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp dried chili flakes
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 250 g fresh, green beans, cleaned and halved
- 100 g feta
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon (or 2 tsp chopped)
- 16-20 large, raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Toasted baguette or ciabatta slices
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss everything but the shrimp, parsley and bread into a skillet and pop the skillet into the oven.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then gently stir in the shrimp.
- Cook another 10 minutes, then remove from oven, sprinkle with parsley and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with toasted bread slices.